Sometimes saving money isn't worth it

I love Five Below. It's a discount store in the Walmart plaza on Military Road in Niagara Falls. It has everything from t-shirts to toys to books to electronics. It's where I get my cheap headphones and occasionally grab something else that looks like it might be worth more than $5.

That was the case the other day when I ran across the Shaper Image Visual Charge Wall Plate Charger and Power Outlet. I've concluded recently that I have more things* that charge (or are powered) via USB cords than via actual electric plugs. And I've been looking at outlets with USB plugs built in on Amazon. But when I ran into this option for just $5, I had to try it! And it's from Sharper Image so it should be decent quality, right?

My review of the unit, which I posted to Amazon, indicates that I was mistaken. It's not worth $5. In fact, I'm not sure I'd use it if it were free.

Oh well. This is the risk of buying $5 products. Try, try again.

Maybe you'd rather spend your money differently ... like on this KickStarter for Misery Loves Company that I did a voiceover for. Or not. Whatever. It's your money.

A few other things I've voiced recently:

Defense Updates: Why North Korea Won't Last Even a Few Days in War with U.S.?


The guys from Did You Know seem to be really keen on three topics: death, abandoned places, and dogs. Today covers all three:

1) This Guy Went Into A Town That Was Abandoned In 1982. What He Found Is As Stunning As It Is Eerie.


2) What This Village Does With Their Dead Is So Bizarre… But Somehow Kind Of Sweet !


3) 16-Year-Old Dog Dies Saving His Owner’s Life From A Wolf Attack


And there were, of course, other items -- including a series of phrases for a children's video game in which I play the role of a surfer dog. Yay, surfer dog.

Okay. Now I'm off to record another piece for the city of Constanta, Romania. Then maybe sleep. Maybe.

*May be a slight exaggeration