Tuesday, July 01, 2008
(WIVB) - A dip in the water won't be the solution to cool off at several public beaches on Tuesday.
News 4 confirms the following beach is closed in Niagara County: Krull Park beach.
News 4 confirms the following beaches are closed in Erie County: Lake Erie Beach, Wendt Beach and Bennett Beach.
News 4 confirms the following beaches are closed in Genesee County: Darien Lake State Park.
News 4 confirms the following beach is OPEN in Erie County: Beaver Island State Park.
The Genesee County Health Department says Darien Lake State Park's beach is closed because of results of water quality tests. The next test will be conducted Wednesday morning.
The Niagara County Health Department says the water along Krull Park beach is not suitable for swimming because of unsatisfactory bacteriological water quality. Testing will continue and the Health Department will reopen the beach when bacteria returns to a safe level.
I think it looks highly entertaining ... plus they're friends of a friend, so I'm definately going to pull for them.
Here's a press release they sent on it:
North Tonawanda natives and Gratwick Films co-founders Kristopher Hulbert and Michael Garrow will premiere their first feature film, “First Timers”, at 6 p.m. July 3, 2008 at the fabled Riviera Theatre in North Tonawanda, NY.I mentioned a Sabotage parody that they did. Click here for that ...
The movie, written and directed by Hulbert, stars Hulbert as Lance Farina and Garrow as Trent Link, two men who traveled to Hollywood to follow their dreams, only to have them derailed to the point where they become homeless. Trent and Lance must find a way to not only find a new place to live, but continue with their dreams.
Co-starring in the movie is fellow North Tonawanda native Mike Thompson, who has appeared in “The Practice” and “Grey’s Anatomy”.
The duo set the premiere in their hometown in order to “Say thanks to friends and family who’s helped us along the way.”
Tickets are $7 and can be purchased by calling (716) 830-9630.
The Riviera Theatre, founded in 1926, has featured top talents from around the world in movie, theater and comedy productions. It also features one of the remaining Mighty Wurlitzer organs.
Gratwick Films was founded in 2007 by North Tonawanda natives Hulbert and Garrow, who look to share past experiences on the big screen.
After Gratwick, I talked about the military's "Don't ask - don't tell" policy. For one reason or another, the phone calls were light on that topic ... so I added it to the forum, where you can discuss it without people recognizing your voice ...
40 Things You'd Love to Say Out Loud at Work
- I can see your point, but I still think you're full of shit.
- I don't know what your problem is, but I'll bet it's hard to pronounce.
- How about never? Is never good for you?
- I see you've set aside this special time to publicly humiliate yourself.
- I'm really easy to get along with once you people learn to see it my way.
- Who lit the fuse on your tampon?
- I'm out of my mind at the moment, but feel free to leave a message.
- I don't work here - I'm a consultant.
- It sounds like English, but I don't understand a damn word you're saying.
- Ahhh. I see the screw-up fairy has visited us again.
- I like you. You remind me of myself when I was young and stupid.
- You are validating my inherent mistrust of strangers.
- I have plenty of talent and vision - I just don't give a damn.
- I'm already visualizing the duct tape over your mouth.
- I will always cherish the initial misconceptions I had about you.
- Thank you. We're all refreshed and challenged by your unique point of view.
- The fact that no one understands you doesn't mean you're an artist.
- Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.
- What am I? Flypaper for freaks?
- I'm not being rude. You're just insignificant.
- It's a thankless job, but I've got a lot of karma to burn.
- Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.
- And your cry-baby whiny butt opinion would be?
- Do I look like a f'ing people person to you?
- This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.
- I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left
- Sarcasm is just one more service we offer.
- If I throw a stick, will you leave?
- Errors have been made. Others will be blamed.
- Whatever kind of look you were going for, you missed.
- Oh, I get it. Like humor. Only different.
- A cubicle is just a padded cell without the door.
- Can I trade this job for what's behind door number 1?
- Too many freaks, not enough circuses.
- Nice perfume, but must you marinate in it?
- Chaos, panic and disorder - my work here is finally done.
- How do I set a laser printer to kill.
- I thought I wanted a career; turns out I just wanted a salary
- I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
- Wait a minute - I'm just trying to imagine you with a personality
Sometimes I wonder why the race for the presidency often turns into a fight over which candidate loves the country more ... or which candidate hates it more. I can't tell you the number of times I've heard some talking head ask, "Why does Barack Obama hate America?" Of course the question assumes that Barack Obama hates America. It's kind of like the question, "When did you stop beating your wife?" There's not good way to answer it.Click here for the rest ...
Want to answer that for him? Just go to the forum.