- Sending or responding to all to CYA (cover your butt).
- People trying to solve complex issues using email.
- Dirty email messages.
- Subject lines that don’t match the message or ones that do little to let you know what the message is about.
- Last-minute cancellations.
- People who call you instead of checking their email.
- No response.
- My original message not attached.
- Smileys, emoticons.
- Senseless auto responders.
- Cute shortcuts.
- Read receipt.
- Too many attachments.
- Attachment and no body.
- Abuse of my email address.
- Recipient names not private.
- Passing on hoaxes instead of checking them out first.
- Who are you?
- Messages without signature lines.
- Adding me to your email list.
- Bad grammar and punctuation.
- Work email abuse.
- Unprofessional email IDs.
Saturday, July 05, 2008
From About.com: (click the link for descriptions of each) ... and go to the forum for a discussion on pet peeves, including my irritation with "The Fourth of July."
From the Onion:
Ever since my retirement last month from the sock factory, I've had a lot of extra time to spend around the yard. But the hours of pleasurable pruning I had planned to enjoy with my new cordless rechargeable Master Clipper have been cruelly withheld from me. Instead, my afternoons have been spent in an unending feud with those motherfucking robins that infest my yard. All my attempts to coexist with these creatures on my meticulously trimmed, lush suburban lawn have failed, leaving me with no choice but to exterminate them. Do you hear me, you lousy, cocksucking robins? This is war!Looks like I'm not the only one to notice the scourge that is birds ...