Sabres to unveil new third jersey ...

Sales of the Sabres "new" jersey must be down to the point where it's time to roll out something new and bilk people for hundreds more dollars.

The Sabres website has announced that they will have an event called "Puck Drop 2008" on Sept. 20th ... at which they'll unveil a new third jersey.
The jersey features a modernization of the team’s vintage design elements, while incorporating the latest in sports uniform technology. Fans will be able to pre-order the new jersey at a kiosk in the Sabres Store.
You can also pre-order from Dave and Adams, for as low at $99.95 for the new jersey. It's $40 more for a custom jersey, which will feature the name and number of whatever player you want ... who will then get traded the next week.

It's funny ... on one hand, I'm thinking that it's stupid to shell out $100 or more for a product you've never seen. And on the other hand, I'm thinking ... "yeah, I should finally get a jersey." I've wanted one for years, but I'm fearful that whoever I get will be immediately traded. For the record, I'm an Afinogenov fan ... so I have reason to be concerned.

I'm also concerned abou the "modernization of the team's vintage design elements." What the hell does that mean? Last time we heard about a "return to the classic look" we got Barney Rubble hair.

So ... what's a Sabres fan to do?