Please don't call me Bob Rooney ...

My appologies for not posting to the blog in a while. A couple of side projects that I'm working on have got me very distracted. Unfortunately, they probably will for a while. Fortunately, they're really cool. Unfortunately, I can't tell you about them ... at least not yet.

Some catching up ...

I thought Jason Wilhelm sounded real good on "The Interview" yesterday. The best part was the way he blew through the songs. Got six done in the 22 minutes we had together.

The Faso interview from Thursday, however, was a bit disappointing. It reminds me why I don't have guests on all the time. He didn't say much different from when he was on two months ago. Oh well. We'll check in with him again, for sure. Just not so soon. Or maybe not for so long.

That being said, I'm having another Interview guest back after a short while and it should be interesting.

You may recall that the first Interview was actually with my daughter, Emily. I interviewed her about a "childrens book" she had read for me. The book was called "Help Mom, There are Liberals Hiding Under The Bed," by Katherine DeBrecht. It went well and then I took Emily's take on it to interview Miss DeBrecht.

Well, she's got a new book out, "Help Mom, Hollywood is in the Hamper," so I had Emily read it again and I interviewed her again. That will air on Monday (along with the old Emily interview so you can catch up). And then I interview DeBrecht again on Thursday. Looking forward to it.

The First Amendment bit from Thursday still shocks me. I understand not knowing all of it. But you should at least know, "free speech, press, and religion." I was really disappointed in Joe Public.

Rooney finally did a real update of his page. Some fun stuff. The most telling thing is that he continues to collect money in his absence. I don't get it. I had to scream and shout to collect $250 for the Polar Bear swim (and $50 came from one person), which is a good cause. Rooney just types a couple stories here and there (or doesn't, rather) and people send him $3,000?!?!?!? Color me lost.

I was driving down Main Street last night and saw this ...



In case you don't know what you're seeing, that's garbage in front of the County's Social Services Building on a Friday night. Why is that a big deal? Because the city is allegedly cracking down on garbage violations ... and who's violating? None other than Niagara County. Hmm. Very interesting.

That's it for now.

I'm going to shuffle off to Buffalo to do some drinking and listen to a live band or two. Then tomorrow I'm goin' in the lake. *sigh* I'm really not looking forward to that part. But the rest of the day (bus ride, drinking, debauchery) ... that'll all be fun.

Til next time, I'm Scott Leffler. Actually even after next time, I'll still be Scott Leffler.