Working out ...

Last year (or maybe early this year) I bought a Gazelle. No, not the animal with the big horns ... the excercise machine (you can doit).

One of the best purchases I ever made. The secret to excercise equipment is to USE IT. (who knew).

I had been doing 5 miles a day (takes an hour - burns 500 calories) and eating healthy. Then I blew my knee out in drunken bowling accident. Couldn't work out any more, but still stuck with the diet (lots of celery and salads. No beer -- except Tuesday (bowling night) -- ). Well, eventually, my eating habits got worse again (although not as bad as they had been originally (I can eat like a MoFo)). And whaddya know ... of the 38 pounds I had lost, I regained about 11.

So here's me with a pre-new-years resolution.

My knee will never be the same ... but it's better than it was right after the fall. So I pop some ibuprofrin and jump on the Gazelle. I'm going to try to get back up to 5 miles a day ... I just did 2 1/2 and I feel great (that's the funny thing is it feels GREAT to excercise ... but we procrastinate).

I'd like to get back down to 180 by the end of the year. That way I won't need any New Years resolutions. (maybe to swear more ... or drink more ... waste more money at strip clubs ... I'm not sure)

So there you have it. Aren't you sorry you just wasted three minutes reading it?