Weekly update ...


News, notes and necessities

items of interest the week of Jan. 12, 2009

an occasional update from me, Scott Leffler



News:

Monday: Mondays means Matt Pearl on WECK and Bob Confer on WLVL. Plus I'll likely ramble on endlessly about my weekend ... who I wanted to win certain football games vs who ACTUALLY won. Of all the teams in the NFL, we're down to four vying for the Superbowl ... and TWO OF 'EM are from Pennsylvania! *sigh* Sorry. Rant over. For now ...

Tuesday: I'll talk with Marc Odien from WNYMedia.net about the media's coverage of the inauguration. I'll do this every Tuesday at 10:15 on WECK.

Wednesday: Ivan Eland has written a book comparing the presidents throughout the ages. We'll talk with him about it ... including why Bill Clinton was more conservative than George W. Bush and Ronald Reagan. Should be fun for the listeners on the right ... and left. That's at 10 a.m. on WECK. Over at WLVL, I'll have my monthly visit from the Niagara County Historical Society at 11.

Thursday: Niagara Falls Mayor Paul Dyster will join me for a few minutes beginning at 11:15 a.m. to talk about his planned trip to DC for the inauguration.

Friday: After I talk with Ernie Green about the NFL Conference Champtionship games, it'll be Music Friday on WECK ... and Tim Marren on WLVL.


Notes: For those of you who missed my announcement last week, beginning two weeks from today, I'll be on-air more. Reason will begin at 9 a.m. daily and run til 11, an hour longer than it currently runs. Dialog will continue to run from 11 a.m. til noon. Also, Beginning on March 2, Brad Riter will be on air from 4-7 p.m. on both WLVL and WECK. We're not sure what's going on with the 7 p.m. slot, but I've told the boss that I'd love to give FreeTalkLive a shot. I listen to them regularly and find them very entertaining. If you enjoy my show or Brads show (or preferably both), you'll love FreeTalkLive.

Scholastic Bowl is on every night this week (weather permitting). All games start at 5:30 p.m. and broadcast on WLVL AM 1340. For a schedule of the Scholastic Bowl matches, check WLVL.com ... and if you want to officially be a friend of Schol Bowl, join the Facebook Group.

While I'm in DC next week, I'll be looking for WNYers to interview about the event. If you're going to the 44th inaugural ... or know someone who is, please let me know. Maybe we can meet up for a few minutes in the nation's capital.


Necessities: Welcome BuffaloFeed to the webosphere ... as well as BuffaloRuse. Both good ... for completely different reasons.