Weekly update for Oct. 13, 2008


News, notes and necessities

items of interest the week of Oct. 13, 2008

an occasional update from me, Scott Leffler


News: Kind of a lot going on this week.

Monday: On Reason, I'll discuss the McCain campaign's bizarre version of "reality," specifically, their response to the Alaska Troopergate findings. Then on Dialog, I'll be joined by Bob Confer to discuss Albany issues. And at 2 p.m., I'll LiveBlog during the Sabres game at scottleffler.com (yeah, you read right. it's a 2 p.m. game).

Tuesday: State Senate Candididate Kathy Konst joins me on Reason to discuss her campaign and the accusations the Volker camp has made against her. (Note: I've attempted to invite State Senator Dale Volker to be a guest, to no avail.)

Wednesday: It's the third and final presidential debate. The LiveBlogging will start at 8 p.m. at scottleffler.com. I'll also try to keep everyone updated on the score of the Sabres game. (We play at New York).

Friday: Lockport US&J Managing Editor Tim Marren joins me on Dialog. And I'll be LiveBlogging the Sabres game beginning at 7 p.m.

My plan, BTW, is to LiveBlog during as many Sabres games this season as possible ... whether I'm at them or at home ... which leads me to ...


Notes: During the LiveBlog from this past Friday's Sabres game, I asked the participants to give me a question to ask during the post-game press conference. We settled on: "Lindy, how did you feel Craig Rivet did as Captain tonight ... and were you surprised the players chose him?" Lindy laughed at the question ... then answered it.

More Sabres notes, I've taken several photos of players following the games I've been to thus far. Click the links for the photos from: Sept. 27, Sept. 28 and Oct. 10. My plan is to eventually get shots of the entire team. We'll see.

I know I've fallen behind again on podcasts. Sorry. I'm going to try to catch back up ASAP.


Necessities: If you don't get TV Guide (does anyone any more), I found a cool website that will give you a TV Guide on your computer. It's called Zap2it.com. You put in your provider (I have DISH now), and your zip code ... and it just comes up on screen. You can search for shows, movies, whatever. Very cool.

Want to see your ballot come Nov. 4th? Niagara County residents, click here. Erie County, click here. Notice that John McCain and Barack Obama are not the only people running for president. I'll try to get those other candidates on air before the election.


I sent this to you because I thought you might appreciate it. If I was wrong, please just respond and ask to be taken off the mailing list. I'll take care of it. If this was forwarded to you and you'd like to receive future updates, please email scott@scottleffler.com and ask to be added to the list. I'll make that happen.