Newsletter for Oct. 6, 2008


News, notes and necessities

items of interest the week of Oct. 6, 2008

an occasional update from me, Scott Leffler



News: We currently have just two scheduled guests on Dialog this week (Bob Confer's Albany Update today and the Niagara County Historical Society on Wednesday) and none on Reason, but that is likely to change by week's end.

This morning on Reason, I'll talk a little football ... a little politics ... and a little Channel 4/Time Warner War.

Tomorrow night I will - once again - be liveblogging during the debate. I don't anticipate quite the reaction as we had for the last debate ... and I'm hoping there's no technical issues like there was on Thursday for the Palin/Biden debate.

Friday I will be liveblogging during the Sabres home opener, as well, so please join in for that.


Notes: Don't miss out on the new(ish) poll at scottleffler.com. Fifty percent of those who have responded get their TV from Time Warner. Next highest is DirecTV, followed quickly by Dish Network. That poll will disappear by midweek and be replaced with a new one.

I love the following YouTube video. I'm sure you will too.


Necessities: I've mentioned FiveThirtyEight.com on the blog a few times. But if you've missed it there, you're not familiar with a very cool little website that discusses the race for the White House, paying close attention to each state and what could happen with their electoral votes. If you want to know what you're talking about on the presidential race, start there.


I sent this to you because I thought you might appreciate it. If I was wrong, please just respond and ask to be taken off the mailing list. I'll take care of it. If this was forwarded to you and you'd like to receive future updates, please email scott@scottleffler.com and ask to be added to the list. I'll make that happen.