Buffalo: Good news and bad news

Last week, I saw a story on Buffalo Rising saying Buffalo was being designated a "Preserve America Community."
In a year surrounded by preservation controversy, Buffalo has received national* recognition for its preservation efforts. Over the last three years we have covered many successful restoration efforts... at the same time we still can't manage to come to grips with property owners who prefer to follow the demolition by neglect model.
Of course, it's already an "All America City." (it still bother's me that it's "America" and not "American." I guess I just don't get it.

Well, today I got word from Business First that Buffalo is on a new list. And this one's not so good.
With continued population erosion, above-average unemployment and slow economic growth, Buffalo has been included on a list of "America's Fastest-Dying Cities."
It's nice to know that when Buffalo does die ... it'll be well preserved.