What's up for the week of July 7, 2008


News, notes and necessities

items of interest the week of July 7, 2008

an occasional update from me, Scott Leffler



News: We're relatively light on guests this week ... but what we lack in guests, we'll make up in useless banter.

Bob Confer, who usually checks in with us every Monday to talk about Albany, will not be checking in the next two weeks. He'll return on July 21.

Wednesday we'll have "General" Bobby Anderson from Hell's Kitchen on Reason on Hometown 1230 WECK from 10 until about 10:15 to wrap up this season of Hell's Kitchen. Bobby, you may recall, was on a couple weeks ago after he was relieved from his duties on the show, but he'll be back on this week as part of Petrozza's team for the finale ... and we'll check in with him on his thoughts the morning after the show's airing.

On WLVL's Dialog at 11 a.m. on Wednesday, the Niagara County Historical Society will be in studio for their monthly visit.

Thursday, Lee Bordeleau will talk with me about his lawsuit against New York State on Reason at 10 a.m.

Expect some bird war stories and some explanations from me about the way things really work throughout the week.

Don't forget, you can listen to Reason right here on your computer? Hometown 1230 WECK is now streaming online, meaning no matter where you are, you can listen (as long as you've got an internet capable computer). Just head on over to the station website, www.weck1230.com and click "listen" in the top left corner. It's live, too (minus a few seconds of buffer). So if I'm talking about something you want to get your word in on, just call when I give the number. (WLVL should begin streaming soon, for those of you who have asked for that feature)


Notes: I started the forum back up at scottleffler.com. If you enjoy healthy discussion about some important things ... and some really trivial issues, you should join the forum. Currently, there are four "categories" to participate in; General, Niagara Politics, Erie Politics and Members Only. For the first three, you can post without joining ... but for "Members Only," you have to be signed up to post ... or even to read the posts.

Some of you may recall that I had a forum on scottleffler.com a couple years ago, but it got unruly, so I killed it. I'll be making sure this new forum doesn't get out of hand. Come on in - the water's nice.

I finally got my podcasting account straightened out, so from this point forward, all podcasts will be under one account. The older podcasts are still sort of scattered, but I'll slowly (but surely) get them integrated into the main podcast page.

Don't foget that when I'm not on air, I blog like crazy. If I add a late guest, I put that on the blog. If I run out of time to talk about something on air, I put that on the blog. And if I talk about particular news stories or websites on air, I usually put the links in that days show notes on the blog later in the day.


Necessities: A couple colleagues of mine started their own blogs within the last couple week. I must suggest them. Frank Miller, who you hear often on Reason, has his blog here. And Lesley Maloney, traffic director for Culver Communications, and all around great person, has hers here.