Weekly Update 063008


News, notes and necessities

items of interest the week of June 30, 2008

an occasional update from me, Scott Leffler


News: There's a lot going on in my little world. We have guests galore on both stations ... and an increasing presence on the web.

This morning on Reason on Hometown 1230, WECK (at 10 a.m.), I'll talk about my weekend ... including yardwork, cleaning the pool, and having the DEC drop by for a visit. Then Dialog on Hometown 1340, WLVL (at 11 a.m.) in Lockport will feature Bob Confer this morning with the Albany Update - then concert reactions from Friday.

On Tuesday I'll have Mike Cole on WECK to discuss the recently wrapped up legislative session and his thoughts on it. Then back at WLVL, North Tonawanda natives and Gratwick Films co-founders Kristopher Hulbert and Michael Garrow will premiere their first feature film, “First Timers”, at 6 p.m. July 3, at the fabled Riviera Theatre in North Tonawanda. We'll talk with them about the production.

I'm hoping to have congressional candidate Jon Powers on Reason on Wednesday. And I'll definately have N.T. Mayor Larry Soos on Dialog.

Thursday, Eric Sundwall - chairman of the New York State Libertarian Party - will be calling in to Reason. And Dialog will feature crazy banter about who knows what.

Friday I'll have the day off to spend with my family, so neither show will air that day.

Don't forget, you can listen to Reason right here on your computer? Hometown 1230 WECK is now streaming online, meaning no matter where you are, you can listen (as long as you've got an internet capable computer). Just head on over to the station website, www.weck1230.com and click "listen" in the top left corner. It's live, too (minus a few seconds of buffer). So if I'm talking about something you want to get your word in on, just call when I give the number. (I think that WLVL will probably begin streaming soon, for those of you who have asked for that feature)


Notes: I really slacked this weekend as far as working on the site goes. But for those of you who have been with me for a while, I'd like your help with something. I'm considering reviving the forum. Is this something you're interested in? I certainly don't want to do it if no one is going to use it. But it sure was fun for a while ... until it wasn't. Anyway, I put up a poll (here) and we'll see how the voting goes. If you'd like to offer any advice, just email me - I'll take it into consideration.

Tomorrow's column day. I have no idea what I'm going to write about at this point, but last week's column was fun. I talked about movie ratings - and how the system is broken. I found another system that I think works better.

Looks like last week's poll voters wanted Metro Rail extended. The new poll is on the bird war. It's real. Will you join it?


Necessities: Google Reader. Gotta have it.


I sent this to you because I thought you might appreciate it. If I was wrong, please just respond and ask to be taken off the mailing list. I'll take care of it. If this was forwarded to you and you'd like to receive future updates, please email scott@scottleffler.com and ask to be added to the list. I'll make that happen.