Afternoon news roundup ...

Just surfing around and found some stories I thought needed to be shared ...

Like this story on ABC about the ever-present red and blue map being all topsy turvey this year ... I'm going out on a limb and guessing that by November, the map will look just like it did in 2004 ... which coincidentally was exactly the same as in 1861 when the map was slave and free in stead of red and blue.

Then there's this story about the Texas governor's mansion catching on fire ... and they think it might be arson. I'm taking three as the over/under on how many days it will take until Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity blame it on the Clintons. At least Limbaugh will be entertaining about it ... and joking. Hannity will probably mean it. I'm really glad he's not on WLVL any more. I'd trade him for Brad Riter any day.

I had actually heard this Saturday, but was trying to avoid/ignore it. Al Franken will be the Democratic candidate for Senate in Minnesota. My respect for Minnesotans just plummeted. Franken used to be "okay" on Saturday Night Live, but his show on Air America was horrible ... and his books weren't good either. Actually, I think he and Hannity are sharing a sense of humor.

I'm always down for a good Brokeback Mountain story ... like this one that says it will be a opera in five years. I don't really have anything to add to that. Just thought it was funny ... But I might take this moment to remind you of my Brokeback Valentines cards from a couple years ago ...

And we'll wrap up with this story about Patrick Swayze returning to work ... Now, I understand he's got Pancreatic Cancer, but was there really a huge crowd of people clamoring for "more Patrick Swayze?" I highly doubt it ...