Fringe candidates ...

Every so often, I get a phone call from someone claiming to be running for president. They're so-and-so from the who-cares party and they'd like to get their message out. More often than not, I do an on-air interview becuase I think everyone deserves a chance. That said, I usually know that they haven't got a snowball's chance in hell of winning ANYTHING - let alone the presidential election.

This morning I was reading a news story about the demise of the Associated Press' youth oriented ASAP. Having never heard of the nearly departed, I decided to go see what I was missing. Not much, but they did have this story about fringe candidates. I'm considering voting for Lobsterman ... and claiming my dinner.

I also heard this morning on First Light with Dirk Van (I was awake at 3:30 - much to my chagrin) that the man who was being chased by police in Dallas when the two new choppers collided is being charged with manslaughter for the deaths of the four crew members on the two helicopters. Are they for real? Yup. Sounds like something that would only happen in Lockport.