Happy Saint Patricks Day (and more)

For the record, the best way of getting through Saint Patrick's Day if you're not allowed to drink beer (why does Saint Patrick's Day come during Lent) is every other alcohol available. Been drinkin' since 3. And I like it.

Those of you who know me well know that I'm not super competitive ... but I don't like to lose either. As a coach of a bunch of 5 and 6 year olds for hockey, I've done my share of both winning and losing.

Today a parent got all up in my grill for benching her son and neice, accusing me of "just wanting to win." This after I had benched the teams best scorer (and assuring we would lose) because he wouldn't keep his stick down. Fact of the matter is, I benched her kid and neice cause THEY WEREN'T PLAYING ANYWAY!!! They were standing there watching hockey happen.

To the parents who want to coach - coach your own team. I'm doing fine with my own, thanks.

How many days til I can drink beer, BTW?