KFC - they do lunch right ...

Protesting Lunch

KFC Protestors get ready

In this photo, the protestors are just getting set up ... getting their game faces on and getting out their PETA supplied signs. I walked up and told them that I admired their resolve ... but disagreed with their specific cause. They asked why ... I told them that it's cause their trying to champion CHICKENS, to which one replied: "Studies show that chickens are just as smart as dogs or cats or monkeys." I added - "But dogs and cats and monkeys are cute," which got me in return: "Chickens are cute." I had 'em. "Do any of you have a chicken for a pet?" Silence.


KFC Protestors with signs
Despite my disagreeing with their cause, they were kind enough to pose for me to take a picture. Most - if not all of them - are in high school. Good for them.


What the protest looked like as I ate my chicken sandwich
This is the view from inside KFC while eating my chicken sandwich. Poor kids. They look so cold out there.


Joe posing with lunch (protestors in background)
Joe Speer. He's the man.

So the moral of the story is: Protesting is great. But pick a good cause. Not one your local radio talk show host is going to mock.